July 21, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole


While stalking researching Johnny Depp the other day I came across some photographs taken of Tim Burton's upcoming remake of Alice in Wonderland, a film in which Depp stars as the Mad Hatter.* Helena Bonham Carter, Burton's wife, will also appear in the movie as the notorious Queen of Hearts, proving once again that nepotism is alive and well.



Anne Hathaway looks stunning as the White Queen while 19-year-old Australian Mia Wasikowska** beat out the likes of Lindsay Lohan*** and Amanda Seyfried to nab the highly coveted role of Alice.



I can't wait to find out who plays the Cheshire Cat, though if it's someone annoying like Jack Black, I'll do this. That scenario aside, this film, which will also be available in 3-D, is going to be mind-blowingly fantastic. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is being forced to hang out with a bunch of teenagers, loaded up on LSD or other such hallucinogens, at the movie theater on opening weekend.

* Fun fact: this is Burton and Depp's seventh collaboration!

** Do Aussies have something against short, easily-pronounceable words? (Yeah, I'm talking to you, Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill.)

*** Really? Did Lilo honestly think that someone would consider entrusting her with a role of this magnitude? I'm beginning to think that her agent sends her on these auditions just to mess with her mind and possibly provide a little comic relief for his otherwise-boring work week.


**** I don't really have anything to say here. I just wanted to include a fourth footnote to see if you would actually stick with me this long. I win!

[Click on images for more information]

No comments:

Post a Comment