June 10, 2009

Costco, For The Win!

While at home, my gorgeous mother and I were running errands around town and decided to stop at (my new favorite store ever) Costco for some household goods. Well, as luck would have it, Costco was selling Cuisinart's Blender/Food Processor - yes, the exact model I waved in Brain's face mentioned previously - for the unbeatable price of $59.99! And here I thought Costco only sold party-sized veggie trays and 72oz bottles of Kirkland brand shampoo. Silly me!

First up: I'll be taking the strawberries which have been waiting ever so patiently for me in my freezer since Claire and I picked them from a farm down the road:


These little guys can anticipate being coarsely blended and added to an ice-filled glass of Simply Lemonade with a smidge* of Tito's Vodka and garnished with a slice of lemon.

If I become addicted to this delicious beverage and find myself, years from now, homeless, jobless, and penniless after multiple failed attempts at the rehab institution du jour, I'll have no one to blame but Costco.

*You can safely assume that my understanding of the term "smidge" differs significantly from that conjured up by those teetotalers over at Merriam-Webster.

No comments:

Post a Comment