June 11, 2009

I Sold My Soul...

...There is no other logical explanation for my latest accomplishment. Check it.

April 1, 2009: The date I was first (note my expert use of foreshadowing) summoned for jury duty. I worked my magic and - oh hey, guess what - no more jury duty!

July 8, 2009: My second jury duty court date in - count it - 3 months. (Apparently I'm a pretty popular individual in the county clerk's office.) Below is a reenactment of my interaction with the Orange County Court System. Obviously, we weren't allowed to film in a courtroom for security reasons, so a "birthday party" scenario was used in it's place. (Though the pie scene was totally legit.)


Let this be a lesson to you, judicial system: Amy don't play dat.

Now, I can't divulge my secret to skirting jury duty but I can tell you what I did with my latest summons notice...

"Flames! Flames on the side of my face!
Burning... HEAVING breaths!"


Please remind me to remove my name from the voting registry so I can avoid this scenario in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment