May 27, 2010

My Deranged Thought Process


I recently received a Word of the Day email from my pals over at Dictionary.com.  (Hi guys!)  The word?  Solecism.


I immediately thought to myself how fun it would be to use the word improperly.  Which made me giggle.  Then I realized that it would be a strong contender for the nerdiest joke ever attempted.  This knowledge, however, didn't diminish my opinion regarding the hilarity of the joke.  That's when I realized that I could actually be a huge loser.  So I was sad.

I postulate that the growth in antidepressant medication use is proportional to the rate of rise of Dictionary.com's Word of the Day subscriptions.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This post cracks me up! I'll happily join in the pleasant "disuse" of words... lets see... hmmm....

    ReplyDelete