June 23, 2009

proGREss

This time last year, I sat facing an antiquated desktop computer within a sparsely decorated closet-of-a-room while mentally repeating the words "Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God..." over and over in an attempt to drown out the deafening sound of the ticking clock mocking me from its perch on the wall. That's right folks, exactly one year ago today I, like so many before me, completed the Graduate Record Examination in the hopes of one day adding a little comma with some letters to the end of my name. The specific letters used didn't matter really, just as long as there was something there in the back to up my cool factor. You know, like the rattail did for teen boys circa 1988.

So, in honor of the day my body somehow managed to sweat profusely for 3 continuous hours while remaining motionless in a 57 degree, windowless room, here is a sample test question. Except, unlike the real GRE, this question contains information that you might actually utilize in real life.

Complete the analogy:

This:


Is to this (click here to listen):

As this:
Is to this:

Okay, so it's not really a question. Sue me. (Just kidding, all you comma-Esquires!) Of course, if this turn of events upsets you, you can pay these guys $140 bucks and they'll gladly set you up with more questions than you can shake a middle finger at.

[Pete Yorn album originally spotted on I Heart You]
[Image credits: Break Up Album Cover, Kate Moss 1, Kate Moss 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment