May 25, 2009

My Personal Enigma

I'll admit that I may speak ill of others "unique" qualities from time to time but, generally speaking, I'd say I'm a pretty tolerant individual. For example, I'm a carnivore through and through, but vegans are missing out okay in my book. And if you want to make out with someone who possesses the same category of no-no bits as you, who am I to judge? Heck, I lived in Washington DC for 3 years yet remain politically unaffiliated because I don't completely disagree with either side on most issues.

But guidos? I will never in all my life understand guidos. I mean, do practicing guidos know that they fall into said category and do they realize that being a guido is not so much of a positive trait as it is a ridicule-inducing pattern of behavior? Furthermore, is guidoism something one is born to do or chooses to do? What I'm trying to say is, guidos: nature or nurture?

In my quest to answer this age-old question, I've stumbled upon some very interesting research conducted on the guido phenomenon. My hope is that one day, we will better understand the rituals, behaviors, and desires of the common guido in an effort to save countless others from a similar fate involving hair gel, muscle shirts, and orange skin.



[Video from a little blog I like to call The Little Bee]

No comments:

Post a Comment