September 15, 2009

Rabbits, Beware.



Now that I'm in school and have approximately negative 72 hours per day to cook, I've been consuming the following:

Salad
Salad
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Salad

...I'm not sure if you caught that, but I've been eating a lot of salad lately. And I am NOT the kind of person who regularly sits down to meal of lettuce. But, while I was in Tennessee visiting Brain last month, we decided to make a simple Asian salad, comprised of a bed of lettuce topped with mushrooms, peanuts, chow mien, and light Asian vinaigrette. (See? Simple!) It is SO GOOD. (According to Brain, adding rice vinegar sauteed steak only ups its awesome factor.) Another Salad that I'd love to try? Gwyneth's Chicken Salad. I'm down with the whole chicken-salad-on-a-pita thing. (Here's one version that I've made in the past and adored.)

But, one cannot subsist on one fabulous salad recipe and one seemingly fabulous chicken salad recipe alone. Which is why I fully intend to file Mark Bittman's 101 Simple Salads article (the recipes are garnering rave reviews!) in my recipe index.

And they say Nurse Anesthesia students gain 15 pounds by graduation... puh-shaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment