July 12, 2009

The Devil Wears Whatever-The-Heck-Anna-Wintour-Has-On

In my former life as a retail buyer, I was surrounded by fashion. But while there are only a few things I enjoy more than clothes (read: Brain, my Sonicare toothbrush, and making friends with random girls at the bar while waiting in line for the bathroom, among others), that job? SO not for me.

Nevertheless, something about the industry continues to captivate me and, though I would never NEVER again make the mistake of venturing into the soul-devouring abyss that is corporate retail, there is a part of me that misses the drama of it all. It is this part that wants desperately to view the following documentaries, knowing full well that watching such films while eating buttery movie popcorn and Junior Mints in my - at best - mediocre ensemble will leave me feeling downtrodden and inadequate. This, however, provides me with the perfect excuse to purchase and consume a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream so, hey, win-win!

The September Issue

"It's a famine of beauty... a FAMINE of beauty, honey!"

Picture Me

On a positive note, it would seem that turning down all
those modeling offers really benefited my psyche!

[The September Issue trailer featured on Cup of Jo]

1 comment:

  1. You like me more than clothes? I find that exceedingly hard to believe, seeing as how you let a J. Crew cardigan take you out for drinks just the other day. Deceiver!

    ReplyDelete