June 24, 2009

See no evil. Speak no evil. Hear... Oh wait, scratch that.


On my recent trip home to NoVa (that's Northern Virgina, for those not in the know), I had the opportunity to see my little kid brother who lives and works in the area. Now, let me give you a little background on The Boomeister. Back when we were teens, it seemed that my brother was doing one very specific thing when he and I weren't busy punching/biting/kicking/wrestling each other over the rules governing our basement floor hockey tournaments. That thing? Listening to this monstrosity of a song on repeat for what felt like the entirety of my formative years. Which explains a lot.

The most effective US Military torture tactic known to date:
This song. On repeat.

So I was reticent to accept my brother's offer to ride in his new Nissan Altima Coupe, knowing that doing so meant spending the next quarter-hour of my life re-subjected to his choice in music. But instead of K-Ci and JoJo's auditory punishment, I was introduced to the jamtastic Keller Williams, a musician known for creating music by looping the sounds of his various instruments on top of one another.



I think I owe my brother an apology for assuming the worst when it came to his iPod playlist. And he'll get that apology. Just as soon as I get mine for what shall forever be referred to as "The K-Ci and JoJo Incident of Death".

No comments:

Post a Comment